Maryland may be geographically tiny compared to other states, but it has as much to offer, if not more! Residents here can enjoy small-town main streets or large city nightlife. And
How To Save For A Home In 2017
Dated: January 3 2017
How To Save For a Home In 2017
It is a new year with new resolutions! What better goal to make then to purchase your first home in 2017! Follow these tips and your resolution will become a reality...
1. Create a monthly budget: It is important to be honest and realistic about your spending habits in order to create a better 2017 budget. When you lay it all out, everyone has certain areas they can cut back and save. Create a new budget and stick to it!
2. Pay off debt: There are many helpful tools to pay off debt. Halt your credit card spending, pay off the highest debts first, or sell unwanted household items online.
3. Protect your savings: Create a separate savings account that never gets touched. You can pay bills from your checking accounts but vow to add a certain amount per month to your savings and save it solely for your home down payment.
4. Save the Extras: Tax returns? Bonus check? Refund check? Its easy to want to splurge but these are opportunities to save or pay off debt! Don't lose sight of your overall goal.
5. Meet with a local lender you trust: Sitting down and sharing your financial information with an expert will help you understand what you need to save and what debts you need to pay off in order to afford a home. You'll be able to pin point the price range you can afford and start to plan accordingly.
6. Save traceable money! A home down payment must be used with traceable funds. So, save traceable money in your savings account and use the cash you make from selling house hold items to pay for groceries and daily expenses.
Born and raised in Maryland, Laura Kate Perez is very familiar with Frederick and the surrounding counties. Laura Kate holds a Psychology degree from Towson State University, and has worked with local....