The pandemic has brought about changes to the housing market across our nation and we have definitely felt it locally. For the month of July, the change in the number of units sold in Frederick
Get Your Home Ready For Spring
Dated: March 12 2019
Maintaining a happy and healthy home goes further than just cleaning and dusting. Follow these routine maintenance tips to get your home fresh and ready for Spring:
* Clean Your Gutters: Use a ladder and gloves to check your gutters for debris. Take a hose and run water down the spouts of your gutter to makes sure it is flowing freely and cleaned out.
* Scrub walls, baseboards and outlets: These areas are often overlooked but can drastically improve the cleanliness of your home.
*Replace all Filters: Replace all the vent and air filters in your home, including the range hood and water filters. Depending on the type pf filter, these should be replaced every 3-6 months.
* Clean your sink faucets and showerheads. You can remove them and soak them for 1 hour in a mixture of equal parts water and vinegar. Then, just rinse them with warm water before re securing them.
* Clean out the Dryer Vent: A clogged dryer vent can be a fire hazard. To clean it, disconnect the vent from the back of the machine and use a dryer vent brush to remove lint. Outside your house, remove the dryer vent cover and use the brush to remove lint from the other end of the vent line. Make sure the vent cover flap moves freely.
* Wash exterior windows: This makes a huge difference in appearance and amount of fresh light coming into your home.
* Test Smoke Alarms: Test your alarms to make sure they are up to date to Maryland law and are in good working order.
* Clean Your Patio Furniture: Nothing says Spring like fresh clean patio furniture ready for guests! Soon you will be hosting outside in warm weather with a clean home that has been prepared for Spring!
*Photo curtesy of diynetwork.com
Born and raised in Maryland, Laura Kate Perez is very familiar with Frederick and the surrounding counties. Laura Kate holds a Psychology degree from Towson State University, and has worked with local....