The pandemic has brought about changes to the housing market across our nation and we have definitely felt it locally. For the month of July, the change in the number of units sold in Frederick
Favorite Holiday Activities In Frederick
Dated: December 20 2018
The holiday season can be a busy time! My calendar is filled with holiday parties, shopping for presents and preparing for family gatherings. However, even with a full schedule, I usually try to make time to enjoy some of the festivities in Downtown Frederick. Here are 5 Merry reasons to make time to visit our town, The Twinkliest Town in Maryland, in the coming weeks.
1) 4 Shopping Saturdays with Free Garage Parking - Find unique gifts at local boutiques and stores that your friends and family will love. Take advantage of the fact that the parking is FREE, many stores stay open late, and catch a trolley or a carriage ride! Then, treat yourself to a dinner out in one of the many fantastic restaurants downtown.
2) The Nutcracker Ballet - Head to the Weinberg Center for Performing Arts to see Tchaikovsky's beloved Nutcracker ballet. This beautiful performance is put on with students from the Frederick School of Classical Ballet and features guest dancers from the New York City Ballet. It's a holiday entertainment for the whole family.
3) The Santa Train - Ride the Walkersville Southern Railroad with Santa! This is a great opportunity to get pictures of your kids while you get to take in the views during the train ride. Each ride is a little over an hour with hot chocolate and cookies served at the end.
4) Candlelight Tour of Historic Houses of Worship - On December 26th take a candlelight tour of Frederick's Clustered Spires and houses of worship. Guests enjoy music, nativity scenes, and additional programs.
5) New Year's Eve Key Drop - Start your NYE celebration with dinner at one of Frederick's many restaurants, head over to Carroll Creek Amphitheater for the annual Key drop. The handcrafted Key will slowly drop from the William O. Lee bridge on Carroll Creek. There will be music to enjoy and hot chocolate to keep you warm.
For a full list of holiday events and entertainment in Frederick click here.
With more than 10 years of real estate-specific experience, Kristen Carey is both a licensed Realtor and the Marketing Manager of Welcome Home Realty Group. As Marketing Manager, she is dedicated to p....