Maryland may be geographically tiny compared to other states, but it has as much to offer, if not more! Residents here can enjoy small-town main streets or large city nightlife. And
Create A Home Gym Out Of Any Space
Dated: January 9 2019
Being your best self for the New Year means healthy changes for many! If you find yourself struggling to get to the gym, use these tips to create a home gym in almost any space. You may be surprised how many different spaces in your home can be converted into a workout space.
· Large Basement Gym: Make use of your large basement by installing a home gym. You can use an unfinished section of your basement, or a finished bonus room not in use! Basements are the perfect place for cardio equipment like treadmills, bikes and elliptical machines.
· Garage Home Gym: A garage turned home gym has plenty of room for larger workout equipment and cardio. This is also a great place to practice boxing or lifting weights.
· Attic: An attic space can be converted into an extra space to do yoga, meditation, stretching, mat work or weights.
· Living Room: You would be surprised how easy it is to create a small storage area of workout videos, a mat and hand weights. Tuck this away and pull it out each day when you have some extra time. Working out in your living room to a workout video has never been so easy!
· Separate Home Gym: A detached garage or large shed can also be converted into a gym. This space can even be wired for electric so you can install lights and a TV! This is a great way to work out without the distractions of being "at home," but without having to leave your home.
· Spa Like Basement Gym: A basement with a sauna or steam room is a great place to add a spa-like workout area perfect for those who like yoga.
· Backyard: Weather permitting, a backyard is a great place to work out. Install a pull up bar or your very own American Ninga Warrior obstacle course. Swimming laps in a pool is also an excellent workout.
Don't let not being able to get to the gym a reason to not work out! Convert any of these spaces for a great workout space at home!
Photo courtesy of Houzz.com
Born and raised in Maryland, Laura Kate Perez is very familiar with Frederick and the surrounding counties. Laura Kate holds a Psychology degree from Towson State University, and has worked with local....