The pandemic has brought about changes to the housing market across our nation and we have definitely felt it locally. For the month of July, the change in the number of units sold in Frederick
Create A Home Gym Out Of Any Space
Dated: January 9 2019
Being your best self for the New Year means healthy changes for many! If you find yourself struggling to get to the gym, use these tips to create a home gym in almost any space. You may be surprised how many different spaces in your home can be converted into a workout space.
· Large Basement Gym: Make use of your large basement by installing a home gym. You can use an unfinished section of your basement, or a finished bonus room not in use! Basements are the perfect place for cardio equipment like treadmills, bikes and elliptical machines.
· Garage Home Gym: A garage turned home gym has plenty of room for larger workout equipment and cardio. This is also a great place to practice boxing or lifting weights.
· Attic: An attic space can be converted into an extra space to do yoga, meditation, stretching, mat work or weights.
· Living Room: You would be surprised how easy it is to create a small storage area of workout videos, a mat and hand weights. Tuck this away and pull it out each day when you have some extra time. Working out in your living room to a workout video has never been so easy!
· Separate Home Gym: A detached garage or large shed can also be converted into a gym. This space can even be wired for electric so you can install lights and a TV! This is a great way to work out without the distractions of being "at home," but without having to leave your home.
· Spa Like Basement Gym: A basement with a sauna or steam room is a great place to add a spa-like workout area perfect for those who like yoga.
· Backyard: Weather permitting, a backyard is a great place to work out. Install a pull up bar or your very own American Ninga Warrior obstacle course. Swimming laps in a pool is also an excellent workout.
Don't let not being able to get to the gym a reason to not work out! Convert any of these spaces for a great workout space at home!
Photo courtesy of Houzz.com
Born and raised in Maryland, Laura Kate Perez is very familiar with Frederick and the surrounding counties. Laura Kate holds a Psychology degree from Towson State University, and has worked with local....