You're buying a foreclosure property, do you need a buyers agent? In a home foreclosure, the seller is the Bank or mortgage lender. The lender in this transaction is trying to recover as much
2020 Focus On The Positives
I don't plan to bore you with 2020 and 20/20 vision metaphors, predictions or resolutions. The year is ramping up, and we are settling in for the long haul.
If you fell victim of the 2018 and 2019 "low inventory" market here in Frederick, you were one of the lucky one's!
2020 is looking to follow suit in these parts, and it looks it could be worse. What does that mean?
Sellers: Your house has far more potential to fly off the shelf (with proper planning and marketing)
Buyers: You are going to be in more competition than ever for a house that may not check every box on your wish list
My best advice to all of my clients this year is to FOCUS ON THE POSITIVES:
- Interest rates remain low. It is still a great time to buy!
- Take Thursday and/or Friday off from work! You need to see newly listed houses before the weekend to keep a competitive edge, while also giving your more time to make decisions and offers.
- In a rush to sell your home? Your probably won't have much problem with that this year! (Just remember, the house has to appraise so proper pricing, planning and preparation is still crucial.)
- Consider a new build! Bright, shiny, custom model homes are FUN to walk through (WITH YOUR AGENT always!). This might be the time to buy brand new!
- Sellers, you are more likely to have multiple offers. That means you can pick and choose the best deal and situation for you!
2020, let's do this!
Written by Kat Royer
Welcome Home Realty Group
Kat Royer is a graduate of Virginia Tech with a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management and minor in Real Estate. She worked for 7 years in operations and sales for a major internat....