As I write this today, we are finally over the cold (fingers crossed!). The sun is out, and it's got me thinking of all the fun things to look forward to as the weather heats up!Here are
5 Must Dos Around Frederick For The Best Summer Ever
As I write this today, we are finally over the cold (fingers crossed!). The sun is out, and it's got me thinking of all the fun things to look forward to as the weather heats up!
Here are my top 5 things to do in Frederick this Summer!
5) Go to a winery, brewery or distillery here in Frederick! Most of these fine establishments are family and fur-family friendly! They usually have events through out the year. A few of my favorites: Big Cork Winery, Springfield Manor, and Linganore Winery! You may also want to keep tabs on festivals coming to town. The MD Craft Beer fest was last weekend, but there are several throughout the Spring and early Summer at the Fairgrounds or on the Creek!
4) Hit the Trails! We are so lucky to be right on the Appalachian trail! There are several different routes to take, most with scenic vistas. You may also want to check out Cunningham Falls and the surrounding trails there too! Bring a picnic and enjoy all the nature MD has to offer!
3) Hit up Baker Park for 4th of July! The city puts on a great firework display. Get there early for parking! Bring some food, blankets/chairs, family and fur family to make a day of it! It is a great time to spend outside in our gorgeous city!
2) Newer to Frederick? How about a Taste Frederick Downtown Tour! This is a walking food tour that I have personally done twice. You learn some very interesting history about downtown, eat some great food along the way, and get a great walk all at the same time! This is by far one of my favorite ways to get more acquainted with all downtown Frederick has to offer!
1) As the summers get hotter, it's time to find some way to cool down! It's time to go tubing! Just outside Brunswick, you will find Harper's Ferry - where the Shenandoah and Potomac rivers meet on the VA/MD/WV state lines. This is merely a 30 minute trip from Frederick! Tubes, cooler tubes and life-vests are all available there! A bus will take you down to the drop off and pick you up to take you back to your car. It's an easy peasy day lazing on the river! Check out Harper's Ferry Adventure Center or River Trail and Outfitters!
Not enough? Check out https://www.visitfrederick.org/ for more upcoming events!
Written by Kat Royer
Welcome Home Realty Group
Kat Royer is a graduate of Virginia Tech with a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management and minor in Real Estate. She worked for 7 years in operations and sales for a major internat....
Latest Blog Posts
Did you know that average home sales today are about the same as in 2004? What is the reason behind it? Remember the stock market crash of 2008, caused by the subprime mortgage crisis?