Did you know that selling a home rates one of the top most stressful events in a person's life? With these tips, it doesn't have to be! I can't guarantee that there won't be stress...
Getting Your Ducks In A Row NOW
Yes, Spring is (almost) here!! Let's not talk weather - let's talk about the Spring Real Estate Market!
Everyone gets the jitters to sell and buy and in Spring. No doubt, it's a great time of year with school and vacation schedules, among other variables. The spring market here in MD starts right around March 1st. That said, we are seeing some sellers get a head of the 8 ball and put their homes up for sale eagerly in anticipation. I have multiple buyers getting pre-approved this very second... The market starts to move much more quickly - you don't want to get left behind, do you?!
Here are a few excellent tips for sellers and buyers to help get their "ducks in a row"...
- Talk to a local Realtor NOW! Have a local expert see your home, price your home and give you worth-while projects now that will really help you prepare to get your house on the market!
- Actually start those projects that your Realtor suggested. Paint touch ups, new/cleaned carpets, etc will go along way
- Declutter!! You are moving anyway, right?! Go ahead and throw those holiday decorations into a box and tuck it away. We never/rarely photograph garages and closets. It's never a bad idea to donate things you are no longer using too!
- Sign the paperwork - time to get serious about your pricing strategy and signing off on all of those disclosures needed to get your home on the market.
- Talk to a local Realtor NOW! Sound familiar? Well this is a super important step in setting up your "Real Estate Squad" that will lead you to success - aka the settlement table!
- Talk to a local lender! Yes, you need to get pre-qualified pronto! If you start looking at homes and don't have any idea what the true cost of buying is...you will surely miss out on the house you wanted!
- Be prepared to take some time away from the normal rise and grind. Make house hunting priority as the market heats up. You will be happy you took off that Thursday morning to house hunt and get an offer in before the weekend! ***<<-This is truly a pro-tip right here!
- Be prepared for competition! Yes, spring will have more inventory for you to choose from, but there will also be more buyers searching too!
Happy Spring Market! You know who to call when you are ready to take the next step (ahem, me Your Local Expert!)
Written by Kat Royer
Welcome Home Realty Group
Kat Royer is a graduate of Virginia Tech with a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management and minor in Real Estate. She worked for 7 years in operations and sales for a major internat....
Latest Blog Posts
Thinking of remodeling your home? Be careful which projects you choose as not all will give you a return on your money. It's a new year and you want to do some remodeling. Before you start,
Could your passion in real estate be more than just a hobby? Are you considering changing careers? Here are 5 reasons to enter the world of real estate and join us at Welcome Home Realty Group.1) Be