Platonically speaking - how many of you can say you love (or loved) your Realtor? If the answer is "meh" or "no" - you are a victim of a bland or even worse - BAD - real estate
10 Ways To Save Money And Fulfill Your New Year Resolutions
2016! What a year it will be!
This is a time for raising standards, considering goals and having very high hopes for new beginnings. AKA - time to consider implementing your new year resolution(s)! One of the biggest resolutions every new year is save money! make money! and make more money! Money goals can be a little overwhelming. Where to begin?
Here a few ideas to get you started on SAVING money. Whether you have a goal in mind (ahem...buying a house) or just need some rainy day funds replenished, these tips will help you take small steps that can add up to big savings!
1) Eat out less. Get your chef hat on and learn some new recipes!
2) Buy in bulk. Places like Costco and Sams Club do have a membership fee, but you will have paper towels and zip block bags for life (well not quite, but you get the point).
3) Buy store brands. Do you have to have Sargento cheese? Or will the store brand get your cheese fix just as good?
4) Take your lunch to work. This one is great for your diet too!
5) Put a hold on your gym membership during the warmer months. You don't have to sweat it out in a gym when you can take a hike or hit the pavement.
6) Lower your thermostat by 1 degree. Just 1 - so easy you can do it!
7) App it up! There are so many great apps out there that will show you lowest gas prices in your area, track your mileage, money saving apps, etc.
8) Plant your own vegetable and herb garden. If you have the space, it's both fulfilling to your soul and your wallet!
9) Cut off your cable. This one is tough especially for me, but it can be done! There are so many TV streaming companies out there for cheap or free.
10) Wash your clothes in cold water. They even have special detergents that will do better for cold water washes.
These are just a few ways that you can control to watch your pennies. Pennies add up to dollars but consistency is key.
For more ideas go to: http://www.allyou.com/budget-home/money-shopping/36-ways-to-save-money
Happy New Year!
Kat Royer is a graduate of Virginia Tech with a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management and minor in Real Estate. She worked for 7 years in operations and sales for a major internat....
Latest Blog Posts
You're buying a foreclosure property, do you need a buyers agent? In a home foreclosure, the seller is the Bank or mortgage lender. The lender in this transaction is trying to recover as much