Maryland may be geographically tiny compared to other states, but it has as much to offer, if not more! Residents here can enjoy small-town main streets or large city nightlife. And
10 Ways To Refresh Your Style From HGTV
Dated: May 3 2017
1. First Impressions are everything. Spruce up your front door with a new coat of paint or new door knocker or shiny door handle. Make sure your door bell works too.
2, Refresh your walls with vibrant colors. Choose a room in your home to call the summer room. Repaint and refresh the room with a beautiful color you'd find in a brilliant summer bloom. Soft yellows, blues and rich greens are all good choices.
3. Bring the beach into your home. Buy some synthetic coral at your local aquarium store. Mount it on wooden stands, frame it or use them as centerpieces for your dining room table. Try a giant clam shell as a decorative bowl.
4. Recycle fabrics and textiles. Lighten up a room by trading heavy fabrics for light and airy ones. Take down your heavy drapes and replace them with an open weave such as organza or chiffon. Change out dark throw pillows and slipcovers by adding crisp white, a bright solid or even floral patterns.
5. Fix up an old ceiling fan. Clean out and repaint the old blades or replace with new blades. The fan will look more attractive and the air quality will improve.
6. Spruce up your kitchen cabinets. Clean up your kitchen cabinets with a fresh coat of paint or stain or try removing the doors for more of a European look. If they are just dirty try using a wood cleaner to get the stains out.
7. Let the sun shine in. Hanging a mirror in a specially designed space can add a tremendous amount of light into your home. Place a mirror in the living room directly where the sun comes in. It creates virtual space and overall appeal to a small room.
8. Declutter for a quick makeover. In the winter we seem to clutter our space with knickknacks, heavy blankets and bulky furniture. Put some of it away. Large clutter free spaces create the impression of a bigger house.
9. Clean out the garage for a drive-in theater and more. Computer rooms, game rooms, gyms, home theaters are the latest trend. With every room in the house already taken the garage is the next best place. Paint the walls, put in a big screen TV, set up a sound system, and throw some seating in to add some comfort and style. Throw the garage door open for a gathering of friends and family.
10. Follow the 3 R's: refurbish, repaint, recycle. By reusing items such as artwork, old furniture and frames, you can make your own contribution to saving the planet and saving some money.
Jennifer was born and raised in Maryland and for the last 21 years has resided in Middletown, MD. Upon finishing her studies at the University of Maryland University College with a Bachelors degree in....