One of my favorite TV shows is Treehouse Masters on Animal Planet. This show follows Pete Nelson and his extraordinary crew of builders. These guys build treehouses that are as nice if not nicer than some homes! The elaborate designs include amazing elements such as secret bookcases with passageways to private rooms, multiple levels and don’t forget the electricity and plumbing! You definitely won’t be “roughing it” in these treehouses and there are plenty of options to please anyone!
If you can’t afford to hire Nelson Treehouse and Supply you can always build your own! When you do, remember these tips from Nelson’s website.
1) Before you begin, make sure you have permission from neighbors or community!
2) The type of tree you select is important! Only certain trees are strong enough to support a large structure. In addition, don’t forget that trees grow in girth as well as height so you will need to save room for expansion and movement.
3) Make sure the tree is healthy and bug free. You don’t want to do all that work only to have the tree die and the treehouse become unstable
4) Choose the right building materials. Use materials that will survive the outdoor elements.
5) Use your imagination! Add elements you might find in your own home such as a porch, windows or built-ins. Or be creative and add a slide or a swing! The possibilities are endless! Be sure to explore treehouse designs to get ideas. Pete’s portfolio can get you started!
6) Treehouses do not have to be built up high! Pete has several gorgeous examples that are not high off the ground. This can make your job easier, if you choose to build one yourself!
Have fun with your design and be creative!
Author:Kristen Carey Phone: 301-228-2988 Dated: May 25th 2017 Views: 122 About Kristen: As our Marketing Manager, Kristen is dedicated to providing creative digital and print marketing sol...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
If you are considering a move and are looking for a realtor with the expertise and values you can trust, please contact us. We are located in the heart of Downtown Frederick and are experts in Frederick County Real Estate. We love living here!
You deserve a professional realtor that you can trust to guide you and keep you educated to the ever changing mortgage options and market statistics. Our team is dedicated to you 24/7 through a superior business model that offers you constant communication, up to date market information and a team of experts ready to listen to your individual needs.
Looking to sell? We utilize cutting-edge internet technology and a strategic marketing approach, our Certified Selling System guarantees your home will sell Faster and for More!
Interior Design vs Home StagingAn interior designer’s job is to
"Working with Terry & Laura-Kate was a very pleasant experience. They were always there, whether we need an advice or help. We listed the home late Friday and due to Welcome realty's marketing acumen, we had several showings during the weekend. We had multiple offers the following Monday. Both Terry and Laura-Kate was there and represented us well till we closed the house."