The SPRING weather is here to stay it seems! YES! Probably one of my favorite times of the year is watching all of the pretty flowers and greenery come back into focus after a blustery winter. And I'm looking at it all through my dirty windows...someone just has to wash them (nudge to the husband should he be reading this).
Seasonal cleanings are a must for my household. It's time to focus on the garden, the grass and flower beds. As much as I like to focus on my home's exterior this time of year, I also like to spend those rainy Spring days inside doing a little purging and re-organizing.
Big questions to ask yourself while in the process:
1) When is the last time I saw this item?
2) When is the last time I used (wore) this item?
3) Has it served its purpose (like how old and dingy does it really need to be before you call it unusable?)
4) Do I have a plan to use this item in the next year?
If you answered these questions to a point where you feel the item has no life for you anymore, it's time to purge. Thank the item for it's service - that usually helps me feel better about the whole process.
Consider condition and think about donating! There are so many great donations spots here in Frederick County!
- Goodwill Donation Center (101 Willowdale Drive): Great for donating almost anything.
- Salvation Army Donation Center (902N East St): Again, almost anything can be donated here.
- The Frederick Rescue Mission (419 W Sout St): Best for Backpacks, blankets, food, hygiene products (unused), paper products
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore (917 N East St): they can pick up items too! Great for Furniture, old windows, shutters, wood, shelving, home goods, building materials.
Get to it! Soon it will be Summer vacations, melting heat and BBQ's!
Happy Spring - Cleaning!
Written by Kat Royer, Welcome Home Realty Group 5/7/18
If you are considering a move and are looking for a realtor with the expertise and values you can trust, please contact us. We are located in the heart of Downtown Frederick and are experts in Frederick County Real Estate. We love living here!
You deserve a professional realtor that you can trust to guide you and keep you educated to the ever changing mortgage options and market statistics. Our team is dedicated to you 24/7 through a superior business model that offers you constant communication, up to date market information and a team of experts ready to listen to your individual needs.
Looking to sell? We utilize cutting-edge internet technology and a strategic marketing approach, our Certified Selling System guarantees your home will sell Faster and for More!
4 Reasons Why You Should List Your Home NowHave you been on the f
"My wife and I bought / built a new construction and thanks to Terry and Matt, we felt the experience was perfect. We thought that we wouldn't need an agent when dealing directly with a builder but we were wrong. If not for Terry and Matt we would have missed crucial details about the transaction. Having Terry and Matt available from the beginning research and development stage all the way to closing made us feel so comfortable."